Sunday, March 25, 2012

Four Seasons

We had fun talking about the four seasons, this past Wednesday. I started by presenting each season. We had a poster with four empty trees and as we talked about each one, the kids got to attach leaves, blossoms, or snowballs.

Also, as we talked about each season, we discussed things we like to do during the season and read a book about it. I also dressed myself and the kids were riveted to me as I did each season: an umbrella over me for spring, sunglasses and a hat for summer, a jacket for fall, and a hat and scarf for winter.

Here are the books we read:
Spring- "One More Egg" by Sarah Emmanuelle Burg
Summer- "Picnic" by Emily Arnold McCully
Fall- "Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf" by Lois Ehlert
Winter- "Snowballs" by Lois Ehlert

I brought out a huge bag of items, and the kids got to pull out an object and we decided which season it matched best.

We played a sound game (downloaded here) and I gathered pictures for each sound so the kids got to match the sound to the picture. They really liked it. I also did a coloring sheet (here).
The kids each got to plant some seeds in a little cup to take home. We talked about how plants need water, sun, and soil. Hopefully they sprout! I wasn't a great picture-taker. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment